A publication scheme is a guide to the
classes of information that the council publishes or intends to publish
Classes of information
Our publication scheme contains seven
classes of information and these are as follows:
- who we are and what we do
- what we spend and how we spend it
- what our priorities are and how we are doing
- how we make decision
- our policy and procedures
- lists and registers
- the services we offer.
These are available on our website: transparency.
If the information is not easily identifiable, email email@example.com.
Charges/fees for information
The purpose of the scheme is to make the
maximum amount of information available at the minimum cost and inconvenience.
Charges made for routinely published information will be justified, transparent
and kept to a minimum.
Material published and accessed on the
website will be provided free of charge.
Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified in Parliament. Charges may be made for actual costs such as:
- postage and packing
- as a result of viewing information
- where they are legally
authorised, justified and in accordance with a published schedule of fees which
is readily available to the public.
a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given in
advance. Payment may also be required in advance.
Aims of the Publication Scheme
The Scheme is intended to develop a greater
culture of openness and commits the council to:
- pro-actively publish information or make available routinely
- specify the information held which falls within the classifications
- produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available
- review and update on a regular basis, the information the authority makes available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made available
- make this Publication Scheme available to the public.
Chris Potter (Assistant Director of Corporate
Service) handles the Publication Scheme.
Call: 01983 821000
Some of the information on this page links back to our council website (iow.gov.uk)