Safeguarding Adults Board
The Isle of Wight Safeguarding Adults Board (IWSAB) provides strategic leadership for adult safeguarding and is a statutory requirement under the Care Act 2014.
It is a partnership between:
- your council
- CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group)
- independent voluntary sector organisations.
The aims of the IWSAB are:
- to publish a strategic plan showing how it will meet its main goals for each financial year
- to publish an annual report of the IWSAB's main achievements during the year
- to conduct reviews when an adult dies due to abuse or neglect in the area
- to conduct reviews when there's a concern that partner agencies could have protected the adult better.