BETA This is our new website. We would appreciate your feedback on it.

Disputes and appeals

If you want to know more about a decision or if you think it's wrong, get in touch with us. You must do this within one month of the date of your notification letter or we may not be able to consider any dispute.

You can:

• ask for an explanation

• ask us to look at the decision again

• appeal against the decision in writing.

You can appeal if you are:

• the person making the claim

• someone who's appointed by the courts to act on behalf of the person making the claim

• someone who we agree is appointed to act on behalf of the person making the claim

• a landlord or agent - but only about who benefit may be paid to

• a person with overpayment being recovered.

We will review your request and write back to you to explain what has been decided and what you can do next.

For further information view our guide.

Some of the information on this page links back to our council website (

Contact information


Isle of Wight Council Revenues Services
PO Box 238
PO30 9FP

Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm