Order a birth certificate
To order a birth certificate (including copies or historic birth certificates) you will need to provide the following:
- full name at birth of the person whose certificate is required
- date of birth (or year)
- place of birth – hospital, town or district
- names and surnames of parents, including the mother’s maiden name, if known.
There are three delivery options:
- second class post within 15 working days at £11.00 per certificate
- priority first class within 24 hours (Monday to Friday, excludes public holidays) at £35.00 per certificate
- collection from Isle of Wight Register Office, Seaclose Offices, Fairlee Road, Newport, PO30 2QS.
Payment is via debit or credit card.