BETA We would appreciate your feedback on our new website.

Explosives (Fireworks) and Poisons

To sell fireworks you must register with us. The licence application form should be completed and returned. Ensure you have read the guidance notes included in the form.

Usually a licence will be granted for storage up to 250kg Net Explosive Content of HT4 (1.4G) fireworks. This is subject to an inspection for the suitability of your intended storage. Once licenced you are able to sell fireworks at specified times of the year:

  • Bonfire Night: 15 October to 10 November
  • Diwali: three days before and on the day of festival
  • New Year: 26 December to 31 December
  • Chinese New Year: three days before and on the day of festival.

Storage of fireworks on a licence must be in compliance with the conditions set out in the licence.

  • Explosives licence form.
  • Dates you can sell.
  • Fees.
  • Fireworks Statutory Notice.

How to apply

If you want to sell fireworks at any other time of the year you will need to buy an extra licence at a cost of £500.00. The fees increase if you intend to store more than 250kg Net Explosive Content of HT4 (1.4G) fireworks. Any 1.3G fireworks will reduce the amount of your storage.

To apply for a licence, complete the form and risk assessment. You must also submit a site plan of where the proposed storage will be.

Further Information