BETA We would appreciate your feedback on our new website.

Second Adult Rebate

Second Adult Rebate is for people of pension age who are single and share their home with other adults.

The reduction you receive is based on the income of the people who share your home and is not:

  • your partner
  • a joint owner or joint tenant
  • a boarder, lodger or sub-tenant.
Income of second adultPercentage of reduction
Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit
If the second adult's gross weekly income is less than £222
If the second adult's gross weekly income is between £222 to £288

If you are entitled to Local Council Tax Support and second adult rebate, we will pay the one which gives you the most money.