The government have announced a package of support to help households with rising bills.
- £150 non-repayable Council Tax rebate for bands A-D
- discretionary scheme for low-income households in band E-H
- non-repayable credit added to your energy account over 6 months starting from October 2022.
Council tax rebate for bands A-D
A £150 rebate will be provided to you if you:
- pay for Council Tax in a band A-D property
- would normally pay but the property is exempt.
The rebate will be paid by us and you will not need to pay it back.
The application for the Energy Rebate scheme has now closed
Households that have applied but not yet received a payment will have £150 allocated to their Council Tax account.
If you pay by Direct Debit and believe you are entitled but have not yet received a payment or, if you do not pay by Direct Debit and have not received an application form, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01983 823903.
Phase one of the discretionary scheme was delivered between 4 July 2022 and 2 September 2022. Applications for the discretionary energy rebate scheme are now closed. Details of phase two of the scheme will be announced soon.
Phase one included:
- people liable for council tax in bands E to H properties, and in receipt of Local Council Tax Support
- people liable for council tax in bands E to H properties, and in receipt of housing benefit or universal credit
- people not liable for council tax, but liable for rent, and in receipt of housing benefit or universal credit
- people liable for council tax in bands A to D properties, and moved into their address after 1 April 2022.
Details of this phase will be announced following the closure of Phase one.
If we make a payment to you but then find out that you were not entitled to the payment, you will need to pay it back.
A £400 energy bill discount will be applied on all domestic electricity autumn bills. This will automatically be applied by your energy provider.
More information of how the government is helping with the cost of living is available in their energy bill and cost of living factsheet.