Finding a place to live can be both exciting and difficult. A great place to get started is with our Landlord and tenant guide. GOV.UK also provides a list of housing 'how to' guides.
Visit our homelessness pages if you are currently homeless or threatened with homelessness within eight weeks (56 days).
You can find and bid on housing with Island HomeFinder. The available properties list is updated weekly. You can also get a housing options assessment.
If you have any questions about tenancy and your options, contact our Choice-based Lettings team for help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01983 823040.
Know how to protect yourself in the home and when renting. Learn about:
- how to report a landlord for harassment or for unfair treatment
- your rights and responsibilities as a tenant to protect yourself from unfair tenancy agreements and evictions
- safety regulations, such as smoke and carbon monoxide, gas safety
- landlords and their responsibilities to you, such as giving you a how to rent guide
And you can contact us for support if you have any questions.
Learn what options you may have when renting to assist with your financial need. Visit these links for some information about financial help:
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- national scheme options and information
- discretionary housing payments (DHP)
- Independent Island Living, extra care and home adaptations
- help to rent information.
If you are young person leaving care, visit our care leavers page for more information about housing options.
Some of the information on this page links back to our council website (iow.gov.uk)