Flood risk and investigation
- surface water
- which risk management authorities have relevant flood management functions
- whether each of those risk management authorities has exercised, or is proposing to exercise those functions in response to the flood.
When considering whether to investigate, we will follow our flood investigation protocol.
We may investigate if:
- there is doubt surrounding the source or responsibility of a flood incident;
- internal flooding of one property has been experienced on more than one occasion;
- internal flooding of a group of properties has been experienced during a single flood incident;
- flooding resulted in disruption of one or more items of critical infrastructure;
- a single flood incident resulted in flooding that affects vulnerable individuals;
- there is risk to life as a result of flooding.
- Alverstone (2014)
- Carisbrooke and Newport (2014)
- Cowes and East Cowes (2014)
- Eastern Yar
- Ryde and Binstead (2014)
- Ryde surface water management plan (2015)
- Bembridge (2022)
- Binstead (2022)
- Monktonmead (2022)
Other documents providing information on flooding on the Isle of Wight:
Some of the information on this page links back to our council website (iow.gov.uk)